Thursday, July 28

Expansion

Here is a comment I made in Jake's blog in response to his subject about all around touchy subjects in the BDSM world and his request that people respond and list their fetishes they arent proud of. (See link to his blog at the side.)

My comment

"Ageplay. It isnt one that is secret or that I am not proud of but also not something I bring up a lot because I often dont have the energy to explain that I dont mean a grown up dressed up in a school girl skirt...not that I dont like school girls skirts. ::grin:: Re-parenting. You think ageplay raises a brow. Throw at that term at your next munch."

There is a difference to me in ageplay and re-parenting. Ageplay can include anything from dressing up in "younger clothes" to walking around sucking a lollipop and twirling pigtails to wearing diapers and sucking a pacifier. It is a headspace that turns some people on. I am not necessarily one of those people. The "ageplay" I am referring to when I use that term (which I rarely do) is re-parenting.

Anyone who has read my blog knows that I have a little girl who regularly comments here. Her blog is linked to mine. My little girl is a 33 year old woman. Her Big part is one of my very best friends. And her little part is my daughter in every sense of the word. There is no sexuality at in our relationship. It isnt about sex. It is about guidance and acceptance and unconditional love. I love her as if she were my biological child. I am there for her as a mother would be. I see her inner child when I look at her as clearly and easily as you would see her beautiful red hair when you look at her.

I live with My boi who you have heard mentioned a few times here. She has two inner children. I am Mom to both of them. Our day to day life is an endless shift and balance and dance we have created between mother and Mistress. It makes us happy.

Now, why would I want to be a "mom" to an adult person? It is quite simple actually. I get out of the relationship what any parent gets out of a parent/child relationship. I love them. It is fulfilling. They are wonderful.

Why would they feel the need to have an inner child who is so real that it is almost a seperate part of them? Lots of reasons. Some people had a very hard childhood. They were abused, neglected, or emotionally ripped apart. They want a second chance. It is theraputic. It is a healing process. It is learning what they didnt learn the first time around for whatever their reason. Everyone has their own reasons for doing it, much like in the "regular" BDSM world.

When I think about it, it wasnt a far reach for me to be a mother type figure. I am a very nurturing Domme. I am strict but very affectionate and caring. The parent/child relationship is power exchange in its purest form. It isnt sexual, but it is power exchange. I understand that. I get that. THAT is how I am wired. How natural it feels for me to step in and actually "re-parent" another adult. I make rules for them. I nurture them. I love them. I protect them. It's not a far cry from the dynamic of a D/s relationship save the sexual element.

I say that to perhaps make you think about how some people judge people like me. I am not a pedophile. I am not interested sexually in biological children. I am not interested in pretending that someone is a biological child, so that I can get off on that. It is an adult consensual relationship that isnt too far away from something like yours.

Siren

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake Bullet said...

I greatly enjoy that explination of ageplay, I'm going to need to show this to people so that they can understand it better.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also inspired by Jake's post to write a very long deconstruction of ageplay. For me, it's all the things you mentioned and also sexual. I can't in on honesty say it isn't. But I have to admit that writing my post took a whole lot out of me. I almost chickened out several times. But it was rather cleansing to actually write about it.

I'm going to link to this one. It's concise, intelligent and very well written.
Hugs,
rg

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters